Sunday, August 15, 2010

Day 5: My Kingdom for a Parking Space

I have a feeling that this is going to turn into a photo blog. That's because these take a while to type and post and all that. So, I'll end up posting photos with a comment or two, unless something exciting happens, of course. c:

However, today is going to just be words, no photos because there wasn't much to see.

Alrighty. Woke up at 6:30ish, had coffee and breakfast, got dressed, and packed up the trailer. The sidecar rig didn't go in the trailer because Daddio wanted to make sure everything was running the way it should. Good news! It does. =D

Once we made it to Kirkland and found the hotel , we begn the rediculous task of parking the truck and trailer. There is no street parking. None. At all. So we meandered, looking for a place to turn around, found one, and got stuck. Sorta. Mom managed to get us out and turned around. Huzzah! Then, we drove back to the hotel.
...woopsies, went outside and forgot my train of thought. Now I have chips.

Oh! So the hotel was nice enough to let us park in an -almost- no parking zone. Success!

Mom was supposed to take my brother to the airport at 1, but his flight got delayed, so we went and had fantastic Italian food with most of the other Alcan participants.

After lunch, I went back to the hotel with Mom and my brother. He picked up his stuff and they left for the airport. I was left alone for about 2.5-3 hours and during that time, I drew and it was wonderful.

Did I update my blog? Of course not! That is always best saved for last because you never know if something exciting is going to happen after posting in the middle of the afternoon.

So that's all for today, I might eat all these chips. Maybe I should get something for dinner.

Thanks for reading!

Kit

1 comment:

  1. Hey Kit!

    I'm really looking forward to following your blog. You have a great sense of humour just like your old man. I did the Alcan with him in '06 and you couldn't ask for a better traveling companion. You guys are going to have a blast.

    Tell Sparky that Mr Crabs says hi. Daddio will explain that one.

    Dave

    ReplyDelete