Sunday, August 15, 2010

Day 3: Lazy Day; Good Day

I know this is a day late, but I had it all typed up, but didn't get a chance to upload it. So here it is. No photos yet, slow internet.
Anyway, back to the blog!
......
Alrighty, it’s about 9:30PM that I’m typing this, let’s see how long this takes.

I’ll have to put photos up tomorrow morning, I’m pretty sleepy.

So, today was a lazy, hang out and relax type day here in Burns, Oregon. Lovely weather earlier, but now that the sun has gone down, the wind has started blowing. Ah well.

Let’s start with this morning. At around 5:50AM everyone was up and waiting for a cup of coffee from the stovetop coffee maker because it had exploded (overflowed) a little bit. Once satisfyingly caffeinated, Mom began baconing. Delicious smells ensued.

After breakfast, we all migrated into the house of Uncle Mark and Aunt Jill, whose yard we are currently occupying. Between about 8 and 11, I typed the blog for Day 2 and struggled with the various internet browsers to add photos and whatnot. Annoying, but now it’s done. That’s also why I’m not adding photos for today just yet.

At around noon, we had a lunch of elk burgers, macaroni salad, and barbeque potato chips. Yum yum.

About 3 we shot off the little .22 rifles. The sights for those were waaay off, but Uncle Mark, being the hero that he is, calibrated one of them for us. It’s far more accurate now.

Began watching the second Lord of the Rings movie, then had another fabulous dinner, consisting of smoked chicken, rice, corn, and biscuits. There was also elk liver (emphasis on ELK, because it’s not just any liver), onions, and bacon. I tried a bite for the first time, and now I can proudly say that I never have to have it again.

Following dinner, Uncle Mark, brother, Lacy (their wonderful dog, sorry if I misspelled her name), and I all piled onto an Oregon quad (four-wheeler) for a tour of their property. Uncle Mark drove, brother was in the seat behind him, and Lacy and I sat in the “bed” of the quad. That was pretty fun. Also dusty.

We returned to the house to find that it was time for dessert. Banana splits!

Took shower, finished movie, and here I am at 9:55PM finishing up this entry.

That’s all for today, tomorrow’s a travel day, can you feel the excitement?

Thanks for reading!

Kit

No comments:

Post a Comment